Saturday, January 3, 2009

1st and Goal


Why write about Christmas, A birthday or even Grandparents when I can write about COLLEGE FOOTBALL....It's Bowl Week Baby!!!
I'll admit I'm kind of on jersey overload right now. Over the past 2 days I've probably watched (now this is a rough estimate mind you) about 15 hours worth of Bowl Games. And yet, I am genuinely sad that there are no games on today. I mean there's always the NFL wild card if I need a fix but college ball is where it's at for me (not as many egos and ridiculous touchdown dances, plus I just really can't stand that they don't stop the clock on the 1st down). Now just so ya know, in all this football watching I have in fact managed to not entirely neglect my family, my running or my house. I've washed the dishes, played multiple board games with my son, read stories to my daughter, jogged around the neighborhood and done 3 loads of laundry. It really is kind of amazing the things you can accomplish during half time ...

2 comments:

molly said...

So what did you think about Utah/Alabama? Are you happy or sad?

mulege said...

Pat White would have blown out either team. Only Quarterback in the history of College Football to start and win 4 Bowl games. What school does he play for? Oklahoma, Georgia (wait he beat both of those in bowl games), Ohio State, Alabama, Utah, BYU, USC (is that a 4 year school?).....Wrong "Oh Unenlightened Ones", it's the Mounties.

What is a Runnig Ute anyway? I think I had that in Mexico once, kaopectate cleared it up after a couple of weeks.