Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back On the Scene

It's been awhile since I've posted. I guess you could say my life got a bit turned upside down when I found out at the end of February that I was.......PREGNANT.....yes that's right pregnant with baby #3! So after a few months of a doing my best to get a grasp on my new unexpected reality of 3 children and with the help of a lot of friends and family(and let's not forget that ever so important generic form of Zoloft) I am finally starting to feel "normal" or at least functional:)
In spite of the stress though a lot of really wonderful things have happened over the last few months. Ryan and I went on a 3 day getaway to New Orleans and Mississippi (thanks Molly for watching the kids). After that we got back in the car again and went to Cape San Blas Florida with ALL of the Nicelers for a spring break family reunion. This was a fantastic trip! It actually felt like a real vacation. And the kids had a blast playing in the sand, going crabbing and hanging out with their cousins. Then my husband had a birthday. Then Ryan Hinckley had Field Day at school and won 2 first place ribbons and we are so pleased to announce that Adelaide's hair is finally starting to grow back:)She also got to ride a horse for the first time with her friends at our home preschool. Although as fun as the horse field trip was I think I am more excited about the hair.
So that is a brief update of life at the Nicelers House. Or as I sometimes like to call it- Crazy Town:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! glad you are feeling better and admire your openess w/ your emotional health.. that takes guts and I admire you lady!

Maursupial said...

Mazel Tov Wendy!!

Tarrah said...

Know it's overwelming but Congrats!

Glad you got away on vacation, without kids...lucky!

Amy M said...

Welcome back, Wendy--I've missed you. :) And by the way, are you so excited that SYTYCD is starting in less than a week??

As far as babies go, my experience and testimony is thus (as naive as some people have told me it sounds): when Heavenly Father sends you a baby, He also sends you a way to take care of the baby, be it emotionally, financially, physically, what have you. You can do this, and the world could use more children raised by you. :)

Melissa said...

CONGRATULATIONS, WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

mulege said...

Way to go! Remember that's another 1/4 equivalent added to my gene pool!

Rachelle said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

When were you in New Orleans and Mississippi? I was there over Easter with my mom...love Cafe Du Monde!

Nancy said...

Your family is beautiful Wendy. I miss you. Would love to see you if you ever make a trip west.
Love, Aunt Nancy

grammy said...

I love your family as you well know. The thrill in my heart when I pull into the drive-way and the kids come running....shouting Grammy, Grammy, Grammy is here yeah!!! It gives me another day of peace. You are great parents. I know because I see often. The lord is releaved to have these children in your car. If that is possible.....hmmmmmm I may have miss written.........I don't know who Amy is but her comment is exactly right. Your children are so kind and hilarious. I am truly greatful that Beverly shares these children with because she really brings it home.
love
Mum, Grammy, "G"

sandy garrard said...

Congratulations! I love reading your blog when I get the chance. You look like such great parents! Cute kids, too.