Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Girl Scout Cookies

This must really say something about me since my very next post is an entry dedicated to girl scout cookies. I do love them, to a shameful degree...
The other day I noticed that a sleeve of Thin Mints had been left in my car to melt. I retrieved the precious cookies before it was too late and left them on the counter as an "after school snack" for myself, not to be shared with either child. Later when I went to grab a few, I discovered that the cookies had been fused together to form one giant Thin Mint stick. This of course in my mind did not prevent them from being edible. As I leaned on my kitchen counter and watched my kids play in the sandbox from the window, I looked down and realized that I was in fact gnawing on a stiff, somewhat stale, chocolate blob-And I thought this was OK??? I went on a long walk later that evening to make myself feel a little better about stooping to such measures just to get a chocolate fix.

1 comment:

user said...

mmmmm....thin mint stick! Sounds delicious!