Friday, November 14, 2008

I Call it A Healthy Appreciation (b/c I can quit whenever I want...)


So I realize that when I fall for something I fall pretty hard
(ie Twilight, Harry Potter, ER in 95, Regis and Kelly, chocolate, Balthazar Getty and the list goes on...)I just become obsessed and can't stop thinking about it. It sort of consumes me for a little while until I move on to the next indulgent worthy item . But even then those things never really leave me, they just become apart of me and are there to stay. Now I know what you're thinking, and I whole heartily agree, it is a very good thing I've never had a drop of alcohol in my life... So this Summer I somehow got completely HOOKED on So You Think You Can Dance. That's the thing, I never plan these addictions, they just sort of happen. And last night I indulged in my latest obsession to the fullest extent allowed by law and saw all of my fabulous dancing friends live on stage at the Gwinnett Arena! That's right!! SYTYCD Tour 2008 was mine for the taking and it was AWESOME!! Can I just say how ridiculously giddy I was!!! And it wasn't just me okay, with the exception of a few dads wondering how in the world their teenage daughters dragged them into this, all of the people there were going crazy! There were lots of screams and cheers, loud hand clappings, boisterous ovations and even a few tears...And one of the most fun parts of the whole evening was getting to share all of this ridiculous giddiness with my sister Molly. Seriously, we had a blast. And, the next best part is we both got to see our favorite numbers from the season.
(on a side note, Bleeding Love is a surprisingly great song to jog too)
Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Amy M said...

I'm so jealous!!! What an awesome night that must have been! So do you watch Dancing With the Stars, too? I haven't been able to get into that, but Lacey is one of the pros this season!

Melissa said...

That's awesome you and Molly got to go together!

On a slightly different note, have you heard of the website Twilight Moms (www.twilightmoms.com)? Made me think of you and Molly. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
It's your Aunt Nancy. Your dad and Dara are here for Thanksgiving and showed me your blog. I just took a quick look. Your families are beautiful. I've missed seeing you all. How about a trip to California?
I'm a DWTS fan myself.

Payne said...

Oh, Wendy. I remember your Balthazar Getty phase. What was the name of that movie? Young Guns, Maybe? And Lord of the Flies. I thought he was pretty cute too!