Monday, December 8, 2008

5 feet tall is very respectable in Oz


The other day my son Ryan was feeling quite put out because we would not let him have a soda with dinner like Ryan my husband. We told him he could have milk or water but not soda-it's for grown ups. He turned to me and said "You get to have soda". I said that's b/c I'm a grown up. He then looked me straight in the eye, cocked his chin and in his perfect 5 year old tone said
"Oh yeah, then why are you so small??!!" I wanted to be angry with his attitude but what can you do when they say something so unexpected and yet so true... We just laughed our heads off. He still didn't get the soda but eventually got over it.

4 comments:

Cecily said...

That is funny, and I can picture Ryan H. saying it. I love it when children think that they know everything (even if they don't articulate it that way).

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!!!

Rachelle said...

That is so funny! It's hard to get mad when kids say such hilarious things...

Anonymous said...

ahh what a cutie! I just found your blog on Drysdales website. Look forward to viewing it in the future.

Tarrah