Monday, June 9, 2008

World's Greatest Book Club? I Think So!

What can I say about my wonderful Book Club??! Its hard to put it into words what a key part of my life it has been for me over the past 6 years. I am proud to say I am one of the few remaining original members. Through the years we've had ladies come and go. But there have been 4 of us who have been there from the start(The Founding 4 picture right: Me, Clairon, Amber, Kelly). Our first meeting was at my good friend Clairons house in September of 2002. Now it is Clairons turn to move. The Book Club will go on but we will really miss her. I'm also sad to say goodbye to Shannon and Sheri. May was their last one too. Because of this group I've read some really good books and made some really great friends. Honestly I don't think you could find a more talented group of women anywhere else. On any given 4th Tuesday of the month I am surrounded by PhDs, lawyers, musicians, PAs, teachers, athletes etc.. Not to mention they can all cook! I mean really, we're talkin good eats!! I could keep going but I think you get the idea. I lucked out in the Book Club department!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Sounds fun! I recognize Clairon, but I don't think I know anyone else...wow, it's been a long time since we lived there (2002)!

Carolyn Hansen said...

So sad that I missed that one (dang those summer swim meets)! Book group isn't going to be the same is it?