Sunday, September 7, 2008

Meet Virginia



Or, perhaps a better title for this post would be "What in the World Were We Thinking??!!"To be honest I'm not sure if we were thinking at all. We certainly didn't plan this addition to our family she just sorta fell into our laps. Here's how it went down. Thursday a sales rep at Ryan's office (who rescues dogs on the side) somehow convinced him that this little beagle puppy (who was going to be put to sleep) should come home with him. So Friday, she did! I guess this sales rep is really good at his job... Here's a new toothpaste sample oh and how bout a beagle to go with it... So now instead of potty training my 21/2 yr old (when is that girl ever going to get out of diapers??!!) I am now concentrating on house breaking a new puppy! Ahhhhh!! I already felt as though I didn't have the best grasp on my relatively simple life before the dog. But hey the kids adore her. And as my first love Luke Skywalker always says "If we're going in, we're going in full throttle!"


We named her Virginia after the Carolina Wren who nested in our laundry room a few months back. I've been trying unsuccefully to get everyone to call her Ginny for short. It is just not happening. So Virginia it is.

4 comments:

Smith Clan said...

Oh, a dog makes everyone so happy. My kids are dying for one. Virginia seems like a great addition to the family.

brookeanne said...

So cute,but I surely am not telling my kids about your new addition. Hallie has been begging for a dog forever. Right now a hamster is all I can handle.

Amy M said...

Whoa. I bet dogs are like cell phones--once you have one, you can never again live without them.

molly said...

I am laughing so hard right now!

I just read the comments for the post and I keep going back to our conversation today about Virginia and your feelings towards her...

So, can you live without her?

On a side note, I'm wondering why your Carolina Wren was named Virginia and not...um...Carolina?