Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Son Has Gourmet Taste...


I've been suspecting my sons love affair with cheese for quite some time now. Since he was a wee boy he has loved all things dairy and cheese has always been at the top of the list. Now I didn't mind it so much when I could get away with the publix brand block of cheddar, but he has moved on to the finer things in life... I thought it was just a fluke when the two of us went to Mother's Night at his school and he had eyes only for the fancy, spreadable garlic and herb on miniature slices of Italian bread. The goldfish I'd piled on our plate of shared food didn't even get a first glance. And then yesterday I splurged and bought some for myself for lunch. Sharing was not on my lunch agenda. But when he saw what I was eating, there was no stopping him. I am not proud, but we finished the entire container and 1/2 a loaf of yummy bread in 2 sittings. We even went as far as scraping off the remaining cheese with our fingers. Oh and we licked the knives clean too.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ryan H. and I could hang.

molly said...

I have a very clear memory of being at your house sometime soon after Adelaide was born and watching Ryan walk over to the refrigerator, pull out a block of cheddar and take a HUGE bite out of it like it was no big deal. Yes, that boy loves his cheese!

brookeanne said...

Ryan and uncle Adam could have a grand old time exploring the cheese section of your local gourmet grocery store.

mulege said...

It's genetic.