Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day Of School

So, as if it wasn't hard enough finishing off the Twilight Saga with Breaking Dawn last week. Then came the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance(what am I going to do on Wednesday nights now??!! Seriously What??!!) As if those two things weren't hard enough... Yesterday Ryan H started school!! Who can believe this??!! He is in Kindergarten, yes full on public school Kindergarten!! It's like I blinked and he was big. Wait, wait, wait I say to myself, when did he get big enough to go to Kindergarten?? Well, he made it home safely and he's back there for day 2. Hopefully I'll get more out of him today on how things are going. But you know how it is trying to get any kind of tidbit of info from a five year old.
Here is a fairly good recap of our after school chat.
Me: Hey!! How was your day??!!
RH: Good.
Me: What did you do??!!
RH: Stuff.
Me: Like what kind of stuff? Did you have fun??!!
RH: I'm tired. Can I watch a movie?
Me: sigh...sure...

3 comments:

Amy M said...

I'm actually not sure if I'm going to miss SYTYCD--everyone I loved kept getting voted off. What did you think of the finale? How did Joshua end up being the last man standing??? I think I'm glad to have one less reason to stay up late. Of course, now there's the Olympics...

Carolyn Hansen said...

I think that you can probably expect that level of communication to continue through adulthood. I get similar responses each day from mine.

mulege said...

He reminds me of his mother at that age. Wait....