Monday, August 18, 2008

Ever Play Chicken with A Goose??!!


Unexpected things really do happen all the time don't they. I mean, who would've thought you'd heading out to do some simple errands and the next thing you know you're about one100th of a second (my Olympic nod) from being in a head on collision with a Canadian Goose!!
Yes, allow me to enlighten you... I was driving on the interstate the other day singing along to whatever top 40 hit of the hour was playing when something strange appears up ahead... I naturally start to slow down and wonder "what in the world..." ,I keep slowing down, b/c whatever it is appears to have no plans to leave. I can see now that it is some kind of big, oddly shaped bird? I continue slowing down and realize it is actually 2 geese! And the geese are not moving, hummm, so I of course try to get over a lane, but I can't b/c another car is there, I look ahead again and the geese are standing there ground, I slooooooooooooow, ohmygosh!!! STOP!! I take a deep breath and do inventory, I am still alive, the birds are still alive, no one is behind me, nothing is bumped or broken, okay, I'm okay, the car is okay, everyone and everything is okay, whew! But now the geese are still not moving and traffic is headed my way! I begin to inch ahead and the geese finally start to move but in a forward directions. "Argh!! This doesn't help my little feathered friends" I say to them. After a minute the geese finally agree to liesurly waddle to the side. But just to show me whose really in charge I assume, they remain firmly and most decidedly in the road. I gradually make my way around them and wonder how long those birds really do have to left live??!!

3 comments:

Amy M said...

Yikes! Considering the bump I've felt from running over squirrels (it's bigger than you'd think), I'm so glad you didn't hit the geese!

Mycket said...

Hey Wendy - Did you see this about the Twilight Movie? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1717152/news#ni0552082

With the Harry Potter Movie delay, Twlight moved up a month! When a door closes.....

mulege said...

Nothing like a good goose.